Abbemat Performance and Performance Plus line
Abbemat digital refractometers allow fast and non-destructive refractive index measurements. They are factory calibrated with official standards from the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB, National Metrology Institute of Germany). Refractive index results from Abbemat 300/350 are accurate to ±0.0001 nD; Abbemat 500/550 provides an accuracy of ±0.00002 nD.
All Abbemat 300/500 refractometers provide full compliance with 21 CFR Part 11, with user levels, audit trail, and forgery-proof data export. Anton Paar also provides a qualification documentation package (IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Abbemat 350/550 refractometers are set up conveniently using intuitive touchscreen navigation
- Abbemat 300/500 have a color LCD screen and membrane keys which are resistant to spillage and dirt and can be operated even when wearing gloves
- A reminder for test measurements or adjustments can be set at user-defined intervals
- Automatic warning if the sample volume is not large enough for a valid measurement
- No sample preparation, readings within seconds
- A quick wipe cleans the prism after each measurement
Compliance and traceability
- Full compliance with 21 CFR Part 11
- Compliant with international standards such as ASTM, ICUMSA, OIML, AOAC, DIN/ISO, FDA, ISI, JIS and pharmacopoeias
- History and current status of results via the result memory
- Adjustment and check history, check intervals and validity checks for each measurement
For all samples
Independent of sample properties you can measure:
- all samples from liquids to pastes, polymers to solids
- turbid, colored or opaque samples
- liquids containing air bubbles or solid particles
- No influence from humidity, temperature or vibrations
- A wide range of scales are stored in the Abbemat for converting refractive index into concentrations, etc.